Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tooth Fairy Troubles

I have a very sad little girl in my house this morning. Yesterday, Gracie lost her 10th tooth! (or was it her 11th? After about the 3rd or 4th, I lost count)
She carefully placed her tooth in her little tooth box, put the box on her bed post in preparation for the Tooth Fairy's arrival, and drifted off to sleep with visions of glittery fairy wings, jewelry made of shiny teeth, and crisp dollar bills.
She leapt out of bed this morning, grabbed her tooth box, looked inside and found....her tooth and NO MONEY!! That horrible Tooth Fairy! How can she not come?!
After some fast talking, I was able to.convince her that the Tooth Fairy did, in fact, come but that I had gotten up to go to the bathroom at that very moment and she got scared and flew away before she had a chance to grab Gracie's tooth. (I think she bought it...whew!)
Actually, this Tooth Fairy was finishing homework and went to bed so tired she completely forgot! I certainly hope I remember to fulfill my fairy duties tonight. I'm not sure I'm clever enough to come up with another excuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment