Saturday, July 21, 2012

Is today the day?

Gracie came inside this evening and told me, "Momma, you have got to come outside and see this!"
I went out front and the sky had taken on a yellow hue, like just before a storm. And on the horizon opposite the sun was a huge white cloud. The sun was reflecting off the cloud giving it an orangy glow. Standing there in the driveway, Gracie looked up at me and asked, "Is today the day?"
"What day?" I asked.
"The day that Jesus is coming," she answered, very matter-of-factly.

I love that my daughter is excitedly looking forward to the day that Jesus comes back. While no one knows when that day will be, going forward I'm going to wake up each morning and ask, "Is today the day?" and live that day as if the answer is yes.

1 comment:

  1. Love this from your sweet girl! We all need to ask ourselves this everyday. Also, love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete